Amazon’s Human Resources (HR) Content team is seeking a Content Editor to support development and editing of content for employee self-service tools and platforms. This role will be responsible for editing and managing content that's easy to use within an internal chatbot product. HR Content Editors are the ‘voice of Amazon’ for our customers through the writing, publishing and maintaining of customer-facing and internal documentation.
The HR Global Content Team owns the Human Resources self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. Our goal is to empower employees to find answers to their questions, with additional support from Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) to answer specialized questions through a variety of contact channels designed to meet the preferences of our employees. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to design self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies (e.g. mobile, cloud, and analytics) to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
You will be responsible for editing and adding content specific to HR into a Content Management System (CMS) and work with local subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed. You will use our team style guide to create unparalleled global English content that is ready for localization to an international audience. You’ll interact with technical writers to improve the documentation, then update and publish your documentation on demand.
A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and team-oriented. They will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines, and will have a proven track record in writing high-quality content.
· 2+ years of professional writing experience.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced studies in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field, or equivalent experience.
· Written and spoken proficiency in English language.
· Proven knowledge on Content Management Systems.
· Strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to style guides.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Work experience in a global team environment.
· Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including globalization for translation, terminology databases and management, and other world-ready approaches.
· Proven ability to work independently or in ambiguous circumstances.
· Good judgment and open communication.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience working in a cross-functional team.
· Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.