Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which drives incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. This requires us to build and own combination of machine learning, big data analytics, and low latency, high-volume systems. We work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning scientists to come up with novel solutions that deliver highly relevant ads. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and detail page experiences. You will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
As an Applied Scientist within the SP Marketplace Delivery Team, you will lead the technical direction of our offerings and solutions, working with many different technologies across the sponsored products organization. You will build levers for marketplace level operations across the SP Ad Serving stack and experiment experiment thus driving sustainable growth globally. You will design, code ML algorithms for online serving systems in a high volume and low latency environment. You will work to optimize the performance of machine-learning/parametric models and infrastructure and implement end-to-end solutions. In addition to being a strongly motivated individual contributor, you will also be responsible for mentoring other Scientists and guiding them to deliver high impacting products and services for Amazon shoppers and sellers. The solutions you create would drive step increases in coverage of sponsored ads across the retail website globally and ensure relevant ads are served to Amazon's customers.
· Design, develop, and deploy machine learning solutions.
· Conduct hands-on data analysis, build large-scale machine-learning models and pipelines.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production.
· Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, perform statistical analysis, and communicate the impact to senior leaders.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Provide technical leadership, research new machine learning approaches to drive continued scientific innovation.
· Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences.
Impact and Career Growth:
· Opportunity to grow and broaden your machine learning skills a make impact – the work you deliver directly impacts customers and revenue!
· Work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.
· Drive real-time algorithms to allocate billions of ads per day in advertising auctions.
· Have the ability to experiment autonomously with meaningful projects.
· Mentor others.
Why you love this opportunity:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Expertise in a broad range of machine learning techniques - both from a theoretical as well as applications to real-world solutions.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models for online recommendation, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience in computational advertising technology is a big plus
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#adsto #sspajobs #sspasv