Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modeling to solve real world problems to help Amazon reach and delight millions of customers around the world? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon?
Every time an Amazon customer makes an order they leverage the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain the world has ever seen, Amazon, and its global network comprising of cutting edge software, fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations, airports, customer service centers, physical stores, robots, airplanes, trucks, vans, trucks, world class employees, trusted partners, and more. Conducting a symphony of this scale comes with significant costs.
Here in WW Consumer Finance our applied scientists raise the bar on our ability to fulfill promises to customers at greater convenience, speed, and value through:
· Developing production ready solutions which help Amazonians search, find, compare, and buy goods / services critical to Amazon's operations
· Developing production-ready machine learning solutions to improve Amazon's corporate procurement catalog
· Working with technical and non-technical customers across every step of data science project life cycle.
· Collaborating with our dedicated product, data engineering, and software development teams to create production implementations for large-scale data analysis.
· Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business.
· Presenting research results to our internal research community.
· Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities.
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, potentially contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
· PhD degree, or a Masters degree and 4+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 4+ years of either academia or industry experience researching and building machine learning models
· 2+ years of hands-on, practical experience with Python, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Experience distilling problem definitions, models, and constraints from complex business problems and requirements
· Ability to convey complex results to non-science stakeholders
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Artificial Intelligence, or a related technical field
· 4+ years of practical experience applying machine learning to solve complex problems in an applied environment
· Experience in one or more of the following: natural language processing (NLP), image recognition, deep learning, recommendation systems, information retrieval, machine translation, knowledge graphs, or speech processing
· Proficiency with Cloud-based model and/or container deployment technologies
· Proficiency in end-to-end model development, validation, and model deployment for large-scale applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.