Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning techniques and advanced statistical modeling to solve real world problems to help Amazon reach and delight millions of customers around the world? Do you want to play a crucial role in the future of Amazon?
Every time an Amazon customer makes an order they leverage the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain the world has ever seen, Amazon, and its global network comprising of cutting edge software, fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations, airports, customer service centers, physical stores, robots, airplanes, trucks, vans, trucks, world class employees, trusted partners, and more. Conducting a symphony of this scale comes with significant costs.
Here in WW Consumer Finance, our quantitative researchers raise the bar on our ability to fulfill promises to customers at greater convenience, speed, and value through:
· Developing models to support the identification of investment opportunities consistent with Amazon strategic priorities
· Developing models identifying synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
· Serving as a subject matter expert on investment lead pipeline and valuation methodologies
· Establish the ongoing processes, skill sets, and strategy that will enable Amazon to continue to build out our financial engineering competency, in the face of extremely fast growth and a rapidly changing industry
· Working with technical and non-technical customers across every step of data science project life cycle.
· Collaborating with our dedicated product, data engineering, and software development teams to create production implementations for large-scale data analysis.
· Developing an understanding of key business metrics / KPIs and providing clear, compelling analysis that shapes the direction of our business.
· Presenting research results to our internal research community.
· Leading training and informational sessions on our science and capabilities.
Your contributions will be seen and recognized broadly within Amazon, potentially contributing to the Amazon research corpus and patent portfolio.
· MS or Ph.D. in Statistics or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or a related field
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist, Quantitative Researcher, or equivalent
· 4+ years of hands-on experience in building Machine Learning models in an applied environment
· Expertise in investments, derivatives, and asset pricing
· Experience working as a Data Scientist, Quantitative Researcher, or equivalent at an investment bank, hedge fund, private equity fund, or any other type of investment management firm
· Strong understanding of international accounting rules and familiarity with global financial market structures
· Experience working with Bloomberg, S&P Global Market Intelligence, and/or FactSet API Solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.