We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for an outstanding engineer who combines strong technical knowledge in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and conjugate heat transfer (CHT) with practical experience in aircraft/vehicle design.
In this role your responsibilities will range from proposing initial cooling solutions to conducting high-fidelity CFD and CHT simulations to verify thermal and aerodynamic performance. The role will include sizing ducts, fans, and heat sinks, as well as determining their placement on the vehicle, simulating both internal and external flow around electronic components, working with experimentalists to validate component temperatures, and documenting aerodynamic impacts of proposed thermal solutions.
Export License Control
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
· 2+ years of industry experience
· Strong foundation in aerodynamics
· Strong foundation in heat transfer
· Practical experience applying CFD and CHT simulations in a vehicle-design setting, including geometry cleanup, meshing, simulation, and analysis
· Programming background in languages such as Python and Java
· Graduate degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
· Advanced knowledge of theoretical and computational heat transfer
· Experience with chip-level CHT
· Familiarity with thermal resistance networks, duct loss coefficients, and other means of simplifying thermal problems
· Demonstrated ability to apply thermal concepts and CHT analysis across an entire vehicle-design process, from initial concept to high-fidelity analysis and validation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us