Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an Infrastructure Delivery Install Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. You will work in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network. You will launch cutting edge server technologies and solve diverse networking impairments. You will quickly and accurately assess a wide range of infrastructure issues, which requires a good understanding of computers, servers, switches and various networking devices from both a hardware and software perspective and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
To be successful in this role you should possess technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. In addition, you must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. You will be able to leverage your experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy.
Logical access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States)
· Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects.
· Carry a pager/cell phone for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations
· Up to 20% travel within geographical work area is required. Some travel outside traditional work area may be requested, including internationally.
· Install, test and troubleshoot fiber optic and copper cabling, including patch panels and patch cords.
· Linux/Unix Administration
· Must be at least 18 years old
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1 + years data center experience OR 1 + years of cabling experience OR 1+ year Information Technology / telecom industry experience or relevant education
· "Effective May 15, 2017, access to the AWS GovCloud region will be restricted to Amazon employees who are U.S. Citizens. (GovCloud may NOT be accessed from outside of the United States”
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Industry standard certifications (CompTIA, Cisco, etc.)
· Data center experience
· Network switch configurations and troubleshooting experience
· Understanding of server operating systems, Linux based troubleshooting such as firmware flashes, and bios configurations
· Diagnosing and troubleshooting the replacement of defective hardware components such as motherboards, backplanes, power supply units, CPU’s, controllers, memory, hard drives, JBOD’s and CMOS
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age