Percolate is Amazon's content optimization system. We work on one of the company's largest scale machine learning systems operating on peta-bytes of data as well as high-performance real-time recommender systems that determine what content to show to every customer who visits Amazon. We develop models to understand customer behavior, content, and the customer's shopping context to create a personalized experience on all of Amazon's major shopping pages. Put your knowledge to work in cutting edge research areas in deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language understanding, counterfactual learning, or engineering high performance real-time systems, massive offline data processing systems and analytics platforms. You will have the opportunity to have massive impact, as well as work in a high-performing team environment.
This role requires a strong ability to Invent and Simplify: you will leverage your deep scientific expertise, strong problem-solving skills and excellent leadership skills to come up with new ways to get things done, research and define the next generation of our content optimization system. When leading this team, you will be required to:
· drive scientist roadmap and determine which areas of research to invest
· hire and develop the best
· effectively communicate complicated machine learnings concepts to multiple partners.
· drive big picture innovations with clear roadmaps for intermediate delivery
· identify when to leverage existing technology versus innovate a new approach
· work closely with partners to identify problems from the customer's perspective
· incorporate subject matter expertise from across the company into our machine learning systems
If you are excited about enabling hundreds of teams to launch new personalization experiments, working on high performance distributed systems, and want to have massive impact on millions of customers, this is the job for you. You are enthusiastic, self-driven with strong business instincts, have clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products. If that sounds like you, please talk to us! We are building the next generation of optimization and intent understanding system that powers the biggest internet retailer on earth, and we hope you will join us!
· MS/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Statistics
· 5+ years working with production Machine Learning systems
· Industry experience related to large-scale learning systems
· Experienced with recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, and Deep Neural Networks
· Strong product management skills, you naturally put yourself in your customer's shoes
· Highly motivated self-starter, you thrive with minimal oversight
· Experience starting up a company or program
· Effective recruiter, you are enthusiastic about your work
· Top-tier communication skills, you can gain buy-in through written communication
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.