Amazon is looking for a smart, high-energy Senior Account Manager with a proven track record of selling products in a variety of channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) retail landscape including margins structures, distribution channels and will have experience managing and selling to all levels of an organization. They should have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills as well as a strong business judgment.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented individual to help Amazon in MENA launch innovative technologies that delight our customers. As the Senior Sales Account Manager MENA, you will define and implement our sales strategy, be our “voice of the customer” and influence channel approach. You will develop new business relations in the physical and digital retail space. You will be our eyes and ears to understand customer satisfaction and their needs.
The position is based in Amazon’s Dubai office.
· Work closely with internal and external teams (marketing, operations, finance, legal) to ensure outstanding management of all controllable inputs including product placement and availability across multiple sales channels
· Prospect, qualify and develop the relationship with key retail players and coordinate the Amazon extended team within the MENA market segment.
· Identify, evaluate and recommend relevant sales propositions and promotions to drive sell-out and differentiation
· Institute research metrics to audit promotions’ success and then optimize efforts
· Collaborate with the marketing team and retailers to deliver in-store merchandising and messaging to support sales
· Own short and long-term sales forecasts for the managed accounts and constantly exceed expectations.
· Implement periodic business reviews such that plans stay on track and bridge the gap when required.
· Resolve at root cause any day to day operational and financial issues.
· Tightly monitor all aspects of MENA Devices’ Partners performance and report to senior leadership
· FLUENCY IN ARABIC, ideally also working understanding of regional dialects. (clearly stated on your CV)
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in Sales and Marketing roles , preferably in Consumer Electronics/Technology
· Bachelor’s degree is required; Master's degree preferred
· Significant experience in successfully taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
· Strong leader with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills; able to communicate complex business concepts in verbal and written form
· Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Willingness to roll up your sleeves
· In-depth, recent experience and knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa region.
· Fluency in English.
· MBA strongly preferred.
· High-technology consumer channel marketing