AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. We are looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist who will collaborate with other scientists and engineers to develop computer vision and machine learning methods and algorithms to address real-world customer use-cases.
You will design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and work closely with talented engineers to put your algorithms and models into practice to help solve our customers' most challenging problems.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Primary responsibilities for you in this role:
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms.
· Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields.
· Work closely with account team, research scientist teams and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
· Interact with customer directly to understand the business problems and aid them in implementation of their ML solutions
· This position can have periods of up to 10% travel.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
**If you have questions, wish to apply or refer someone contact Josh May directly - firstname.lastname@example.org**
· Master or PhD in computer vision/machine learning or related experience.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale system/algorithm in one of the following domains: computer vision, deep learning, or machine learning.
· Coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C+
· 2-3 years of modeling experience working with deep learning frameworks like Pytorch or MxNet.
· Current hands-on experience with state-of-the-art object detection approaches (e.g. Faster RCNN, YOLO, CenterNet etc.)
· Understanding of deep learning CV evaluation metrics including mAP, F_beta, PR curves, etc.
· Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision/machine learning.
· Experience leveraging and augmenting large code base and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
· Experience extending object detection models to multi-object, multi-label tracking
· Experience working with geospatial datasets (e.g. satellite imagery)
· Experience working with motion imagery datasets (e.g. Full Motion Video/ FMV, Wide Area Motion Imagery/ WAMI)
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Distributed training experience (DDP, Horovod)
· Model compilation experience (TensorRT, TVM)
· Familiarity deploying solutions to AWS or cloud services and experience with AWS services such as SageMaker is considered a plus
· Familiarity deploying solutions to IoT/edge platforms (e.g. NVIDIA Jetson Xavier)
· Experience in publishing at major computer science conferences or journals
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a large, distributed team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.