Do you have a passion for how industries can utilize cloud technologies to accelerate their sustainability efforts? Are you an expert in how companies and their partners are using cloud technology to revolutionize the strategy, planning, execution of sustainability initiatives? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
As the Principal Sustainability Innovation Consultant, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help customers accelerate their sustainability transformations by leveraging the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions to address customer needs. As a Principal Sustainability Innovation consultant you think strategically and analytically about our customer's business and technical challenges and form innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership and entrepreneurship, and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust, think big, and work cross-organizationally to deliver results. You influence others to follow with data and customer advocacy.
The right candidate will be a passionate technologist, have broad and deep experience with sustainability initiatives in multiple industries, and demonstrated go-to-market success. Sustainability is a broad domain, but general level knowledge plus expert knowledge in at least one specific sustainability domain is required. They will have a proven track record of leading complex solutions programs. They will also have working knowledge of cloud computing and the related sustainability application platforms and initiatives.
Role & Responsibilities
· Working backwards from customers, identify solutions themes, prioritize a portfolio of solution(s) for each solution theme, and AWS value proposition(s) for sustainability initiatives.
· Together with the broader team, develop the technical side of the strategic plan for AWS, to engage enterprise customers and partners in this industry.
· Represent AWS best-practices around innovation, product management, software engineering, data and analytics, and other platform capabilities to work
· Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships within customer organization
· Develop, propose, and deliver innovation offerings and engagements working with sales enablement, regional business development teams, and account teams.
· Demonstrate commercial acumen to assist customers in building value propositions / business cases / supporting financial models
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
· 7+ years of experience in consulting, solutions development, product management, and/or transformation roles
· Industry experience in Sustainability; Example: energy/water management, renewable energy, supply-chain (GHG emission tracking and analysis, packaging, transportation)
· Bachelors Degree
· An understanding of the 17 United Nations sustainable development goals and IPCC studies, and how they apply to customers in different industries.
· Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, IoT, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AR/VR etc.
· Passion for the targeted industry sectors – good understanding of how sustainability initiatives operate and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystems.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Passion for cloud technologies – deep understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms.
· Technical knowledge of applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiations skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• For virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado: For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at 122,300 yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.