At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. As part of our Climate Pledge to reach net zero carbon by 2040, we’re inventing solutions throughout our real-estate portfolio. As a Sustainable Buildings Manager you will be responsible for developing strategy and executing programs that reduce carbon emissions and improve the sustainability of our buildings and business operations in support of Amazon’s environmental goals. In addition to carbon reduction, Amazon is also invested in buildings that support the health and wellness of people and communities, and use resources in the most responsible ways.
This candidate will work with internal and external business partners to support Amazon’s sustainability goals throughout our global real estate, including design, procurement, engineering, construction, and facility operations teams. This scope will also focus on accelerating lower carbon material strategies, healthy materials, water management, and other sustainable design strategies.
In addition to working with various Amazon business partners, this role will also coordinate with internal Sustainability teams to develop strategy and tools for business partners such as new technology exploration, data systems, carbon abatement curves, and total cost of ownership models to quantify and track building-related sustainability performance. The candidate may also partner external consultant teams to help accelerate action against Amazon’s sustainability goals by analyzing and driving execution opportunities.
· Support the execution of a comprehensive sustainability program for Amazon’s real estate
· Support new and existing business teams with their progress against Amazon’s Climate Pledge as it relates to buildings
· Evaluate new technology and industry barriers to decarbonize the built environment
· Evaluate opportunities to move the needle on our Climate Pledge commitments in our physical building infrastructure
· Work with diverse stakeholders to coordinate, and implement strategies to reduce, monitor, optimize Amazon’s energy, water, carbon, and waste from building operations
· Assist in preparing written analysis of findings and recommendations for various building-related sustainability solutions
· Assist in the development of tools to surface, analyze and report out building data necessary for business teams to support decision-making against our goals
· Analyze and communicate the financial impact of projects and initiatives
· Communicate and present to key leaders
· Define sustainable buildings innovation programs and metrics and ensure goals are achieved
· Manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
· Build relationships with internal stakeholders, and in some cases external suppliers
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning/Real Estate, Environmental science, Business, or related field
· 7+ years of experience working in building industry, with demonstrated experience with sustainable, high-performance buildings
· Advanced degree (MBA, MS)
· 10+ years of demonstrated sustainable building project experience
· AIA, PE, CEM, PMP, and/or building professional accreditation (ex., LEED AP)
· Experience managing project timelines, scopes, and project budgets
· Experience with building systems and commercial/industrial construction practices
· Ability to read and understand building drawings, specifications, and other mechanisms; Experience with providing feedback on these tools to incorporate performance criteria
· Experience developing and implementing carbon reduction and sustainable building implementation strategies for energy, carbon, water, materials and waste; from concept through operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.