Are you looking for an opportunity to design products and services that put people first? Security Products engineering group, part of Consumer, Digital and Other (CDO) Information Security, is looking for an innovative, passionate, and outcome-oriented design leader.
What we do
Security Products builds the solutions that keep Amazon systems and data secure on behalf of the Amazon customer. Our customers range from security engineers who need a comprehensive understanding of Amazon systems and their security state, to service teams who need solutions that make it easy to build and operate secure systems. We use the latest technology, including AWS, to solve security problems at Amazon scale. We employ automation and machine learning to reduce, or eliminate, manual effort to help our internal customers raise the security bar. We have bold goals to stay ahead of the curve on security and delight our customers with intuitive and effective products.
What you will do
As a Senior UX Designer on our team, you will solve complex design problems, helping empower internal service teams, security engineers, and managers to continuously raise the bar on CDO’s security posture. Throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, you will work collaboratively with customers, engineers, product managers and senior stakeholders.
This position requires deep customer focus and the ability to build relationships and feedback loops to continuously improve products based on evolving customer needs and security goals. You will have ownership over your design solutions from conception through implementation, working closely with engineering teams to ensure the high standards of your designs are maintained.
What you bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You are proud of your work, skills, judgment, and expertise – but you are simultaneously eager to listen to feedback from others. You have a background in complex data products or developing deep understanding in technical or scientific domains, geek out over customer experience, and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer trust. You are an influencer who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience your team is delivering.
Why you want to be on the Security Products team
We are technology professionals, who are genuinely passionate about continuously improving the security of Amazon systems on behalf of the Amazon customer. We also take pride in reducing the effort required for service teams across Amazon to build and maintain their systems securely. We are on a mission, have fun working together, and have a culture of learning and career growth.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs by independently conducting customer research, user testing, and establishing feedback loops.
· Collect and/or help develop business requirements, use cases, and high-level CX requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and CX specs for engineers.
· Test your designs with customers and iterate based on feedback.
· Craft, pitch, and validate short- and long-term design strategies.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations.
· Build relationships and communicate effectively with local and remote cross-functional teams.
· Present designs to senior management, defending design decisions, advocating for the customer, and building consensus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· Experience creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and using it to inform your designs
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (such as personas, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, and user research) as well as evidence of working with product teams
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience with delivering design solutions for complex workflows for technical customers.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies.
· Understanding of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) to help inform design and interaction decisions
· Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts appropriately to different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.