The AWS Central Economics team is growing its downstream impact evaluation team. We are looking for a PhD economist. The ideal candidate has a background in causal analysis, applied micro-econometrics, and the design of complex randomized control trials.
You will collaborate with the PhD economists, data scientists, and applied scientists in the impact evaluation team, learn about AWS cloud products, and lead a project that applies advanced econometrics techniques to the estimation of dynamic treatment effects. You will work in close contact with senior leadership.
· Ph.D. in economics or in a related field
· Working knowledge of Python
· Experience with discrete choice modeling and estimation
· Experience with ML methods applied to problems of causal inference
· 2-3 years of post PhD experience
· Experience with causal estimation and experiments
· Experience programming in R
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/usn