Are you customer-obsessed, data oriented, technologically curious, and eager to propose opportunities to improve the customer experience of using technical Amazon services? We are seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated Data Scientist to join our Technical Customer Experience Strategy team. Our team is dedicated to improving Amazon’s technical products through evaluating the end-to-end customer experience using both internal and external processes and technology. Our team’s mission is to constantly challenge the status quo and drive innovation to improve customer experience. This role specifically focuses on measuring and enhancing the quality of AWS AI services.
You will own and drive the roadmap for studying AI quality and build out scalable methods, mechanisms, and tooling to evaluate and deep dive into the quality of AI services. You will engage with AWS AI service teams and leaders to develop scoring methods, identify datasets, evaluate performance, and influence change.
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
· Continuously evaluate data analysis tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high-quality and scalable.
· Design, build, and deploy effective and innovative ML solutions to improve various components of the performance measuring stack, such as scoring, trend/pattern analysis, and deep dives.
· Develop and improve statistical analyses that provide insights into the business
· Communicate analyses and techniques, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business partners.
· Evaluate the proposed solutions via offline benchmark tests as well as online A/B tests in production.
· Publish and present your work at internal and external scientific venues in the fields of ML.
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions.
· Report on the status of projects in a timely and accurate fashion using available metrics.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
· Exposure and experience with NLP and CV ML modeling techniques.
· Experience using cloud-based services and big data processing technologies such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Sagemaker, and Spark.
· Self-starter with flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with a history of delivering results.
· Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity to craft analytical approaches to solving problems
· Intellectual curiosity to continually challenge the status quo to best support evolving customer and business needs.