TAA is seeking an experienced QA manager to deliver high-quality product to Amazon customer. The QA org in Time and Attendance (TAA) serves more than a million employees (and their managers and HR administrators) at peak across six products, 27 countries, and more than a dozen business lines, enabling business growth and ensuring accurate pay. The successful Quality Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing. The manager will be able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
In this role, you will:
· Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
· Understand how all elements of the system firmware ecosystem work together and develop QA approached that fit the overall strategy
· Set the long-term vision and technical strategy for the QA team.
· Ensure your team picks the right technical designs for the frameworks and tools they build.
· Establish and improve processes to drive quality upstream and rely on automation to drive efficiency in QA
· Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
· Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report the test execution
· Work with a team of quality engineering professional to ensure the highest quality product delivery
TAA org is rapidly evolving with an action packed 2021 roadmap.
In this role you will be owning high visibility projects across multiple QA teams and drive “zero pay defect” quality goal. If you are passionate about building automation and tools in a combinatorial data space and drive “autonomous testing” strategy for delivering high quality products through CI/CD, you will feel at home in solving complex automation challenges !
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of experience managing Quality Assurance Teams
· 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience managing automation testers
· Experience managing manual testers
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
· 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field.
· 4+ years of experience leading a data engineering team through multiple product/platform releases.
· Experience with relational database such as Oracle, MS SQL Server etc.
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
· Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
· Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
· Experience managing QA for customer-facing applications
· Strong communication skills – both written and oral
· Strong organizations skills, ability to track multiple executions simultaneously