If you are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation, collaborate in a team of +30 researchers, applied and data scientists, move marketing science to the edge of the industry to make sure our customers receive the advertising they vote for: keep reading.
We look for inquisitive, life long learner with a keen interest on evidence driven decision making, e-commerce and digital businesses and understanding of customer behaviour. If this is you, read on!
We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist that will help us create best measurement and optimization models for our marketing functions on all consumer businesses in Amazon across all geographies. This includes
· Identification of stakeholder business question and potential technical solutions;
· Designing POC and POC performance metrics;
· Road-mapping the project and scoping the work;
· Delegating tasks;
· Coordinating with stakeholders during POC and productionization process
· Authoring working paper and other documentation.
· For specified research objective, derive new, or modified, statistical estimators or identify appropriate statistical estimator.
· Deriving risk function and identifying data conditions under which proposed estimator is better than other candidate methods.
· Identifying/designing checks to ensure empirical data environment meets the data criteria for proposed estimator to be superior to other candidate methods
· New potential statistical solutions to identified business goals. Conscious risk taker, opportunity driven motivated by innovative approaches taking you and your team out of your comfort zone.
· Establish standards across teams to ensure consistency of model outputs across portfolio of solutions.
· Ability to track whole cycle of modeling: from data inputs, modeling techniques, diagnosis on outputs (interpretation and stability) and productionalization
· Mentoring - Be an unblocker
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· PhD in Statistics, Modelling, Math or similar field, or an MSc + equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience running productionalized modelling solutions, using large scale randomized controlled test data sets
· Experience programming with a mathematical programming language such as R or a major programming language such as Python
Preferred experience in Marketing Science. Biostatistics on large scale inference from large scale, intermittent experimentation schemes