Ring is seeking a highly organised, self-motivated, and creative public relations professional to join our PR team, based in London, UK, or Amsterdam, Netherlands, to lead storytelling. As PR Manager, you will work with the global Ring PR team and key business leaders to imagine, develop and execute communications programs related to Ring.
The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, a robust knowledge of the business and technology media landscape, and is willing to dive deep to source, develop, and place high impact stories that demonstrate invention and innovation. They should be well-versed and excited about the consumer electronics space, and able to use that knowledge to anticipate and prepare for forthcoming trends.
You must have high judgement, excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively, proactively engaging with stakeholders. You will also have experience of working to high standards under tight deadlines, and be flexible in managing ambiguity as priorities change.
· Develop PR campaigns and support launches for Ring devices and smart home experiences
· Drive thought leadership and unique storytelling opportunities with tech and business media
· Create processes, mechanisms, and playbooks to ensure efficiency and scale storytelling across Europe
· Identify and train spokespeople
· Collaborate with a range of stakeholders and brands to develop and execute successful joint PR programs
· Cultivate and manage relationships with relevant tech, business and lifestyle reporters
· Build and execute PR plans, including communicating plans internally and securing leadership approvals
· Work closely with marketing, product, and other internal groups to cohesively approach projects and activities
· Collaborate with PR colleagues globally
· Help manage external PR firms as necessary
· Native English
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
· Extensive experience of PR either in-house or at an agency
· Technology PR experience
· Experience in brand building and storytelling
· Excellent writing skills
· Additional European languages a plus
· Experience interacting with senior executives, C-suite or board members
· Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, legal
· Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
· Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action, as well as an understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
· Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the scope of your job
· Flexible to regular travel (when possible)
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.