Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to outstanding esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch Commerce helps communities grow by allowing viewers to show their monetary support to creators through patronage. We take pride in our mission to help creators build communities and earn a living entertaining them. The scale and diversity of users, transactions, social interactions and communities presents an exciting opportunity to use our data to personalize experiences for our users.
The Commerce ML team is chartered to build and operate the ML models underpinning Twitch Commerce. For example, we work with our product teams to create production models that protect our business and users from fraud and invigorate the financial vitality of our communities by making every gift subscription matter.
As a Senior Applied Scientist on the Commerce ML team, you will build solutions and experiments at scale. Twitch data is unique-- granular structured event data, graphs of user interactions, raw live video, and chat. Using it to make a difference for our customers is a rewarding technical challenge for the right contributor leading to immediate monetary impact for creators and for Twitch. This is a green-field territory that combines science leadership, technical strength, and product empathy. Come join us!
· Contribute to and own a piece of the long-term machine learning vision for Commerce, motivated by the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for applied scientists, s engineering, product, and design teams.
· Design, prototype and implement Machine Learning (ML) algorithms
· Develop the production data pipelines and ML pipelines on which those algorithms operate
· Work with investigators, analysts, PMs and SDEs to turn ever-evolving insights about our users into automated services.
· Mentor junior scientists and engineers
· Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, econometrics, or biostatistics
· 2+ years of experience building data solutions or machine learning products
· Experience developing algorithms on top of data pipelines that scale
· Experience writing production quality code on top of a production software toolkit (AWS)
· Experience in monetization ML domains like fraud, recommendations and personalized offers
· 2+ years of experience in software engineering at a large tech company.
· Prior technical leadership experience or aspirations
· You can teach us something new!
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
· 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
· Flexible PTO
· Commuter Benefits
· Amazon Employee Discount
· Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
· Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
· Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.