The Research and Advanced Development team at Amazon Robotics is seeking passionate, hands-on scientists to work on cutting edge algorithms to power automation in Amazon’s order fulfillment and transportation network. Our multi-disciplinary team includes scientists with backgrounds in AI planning and scheduling, robotic grasping and manipulation, machine learning, and operations research. We work on problems such as:
- Dynamic allocation and scheduling of tasks to thousands of robots
- Learning how to manipulate all the products that Amazon sells
- Planning and coordinating the paths of thousands of robots
- Co-design of robotic logistics processes and the algorithms to optimize them
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with planning or learning algorithms at both the theoretical and implementation levels. You will have the chance to solve complex scientific problems and see your solutions come to life in Amazon’s warehouses!
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Science, Operations Research, Robotics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
· 2+ years of relevant Industry or Academic research experience in developing algorithms for robotic manipulation, motion planning, AI planning, scheduling, multi-robot systems, operations research, multi-agent planning, or multi-agent machine learning.
· Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, or Python.
· Experience with building models and implementing algorithms on real robots or realistic simulations.
· PhD and 4+ years of relevant industry or academic research experience.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of AI planning, grasp planning, motion planning, manipulation task planning, scheduling, multi-robot systems, operations research, multi-agent planning, or multi-agent machine learning.
· Scientific mindset and the ability to invent and problem-solve.
· Experience coding algorithm prototypes and refining through simulation.
· Fluency in data analysis and a statistical software package such as R, Stata, or Matlab.
· Drive and experience to apply algorithm research to real systems.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional or multi-disciplinary teams.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.