Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career and use your project management skills to contribute to successful delivery of on time and on budget construction projects? Amazon Go is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Construction Coordinator to own construction administration across multiple projects. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continuously pushes the boundaries of retail innovation and customer-centric design. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
**Candidates must reside within greater Los Angeles, CA **
The team: Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
The role: As the Construction Coordinator, you will be an individual contributor managing budgets, schedules, purchase orders, contracts, and deliveries across multiple projects. You will work closely with internal teams and external vendors. You must demonstrate the ability to efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and manage competing demands, unexpected events, and shift gears comfortably as our business evolves. You are the right person for this position if you take ownership of your work, display a great deal of initiative, possess common sense, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
· Partner with Construction Managers to compile and assemble general contractor contract packages
· Collect and vet vendor quotes for owner-furnished item (OFI) equipment as identified in project drawings. Develop project budgets in partnership with Construction Managers and Store Design.
· Own project budgets and schedules; Track and communicate project budgets and schedules with business partners, contractors and vendors
· Issue purchase orders, and receive and process invoices through Accounts Payable
· Track drawing revisions impacting OFI equipment and initiate change orders with vendors for impacted items
· Manage OFI equipment deliveries to meet schedule requirements; this includes managing timeframes and resolving challenges with shipping or availability if needed
· Create and maintain organized and up to date project files. Assist with project documentation, including RFI’s, submittals and change orders.
· Participate in the continuous improvement of construction processes and implementation of best practices to maximize efficiency
· Responsible for setting up utility services with local service providers (electrical, telephone, water, etc.)
· Facilitate close out of project paperwork, including receipt of any Tenant Allowance within target timeline
· Complete vendor scorecards
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military experience
· 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
· 2+ years' experience in retail, facility, or construction management
· Experience building and managing budgets across multiple projects
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
· Experience with supplier/vendor relationship management
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate
· Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
Note: We are seeking candidates based out of the Los Angeles, CA area for this role.
· Well-rounded project management capabilities
· Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and schedule of values
· Proficient in Smartsheet, Procore, and/or Bluebeam
· Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results