Imagine shaping how millions of customers discover and engage with digital music and audio leveraging the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up? Passionate about building a best in class partner marketing function as part of a growing and innovative Business Development team? Love collaborating with a wide range of partners and driving successful partnerships? If so come and build the future of music and audio with us.
The Business Development and Partner Marketing team is focused on enabling customers to discover and engage with Amazon Music anywhere, any time. We work with a wide range of partners from speaker and car manufacturers, to key players in gaming, fitness, social, financial services and live entertainment. We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, creative marketing leader that can think big and drive scale through leadership, influence and smart work. This role can be based in LA, NYC or London and, reporting to the Director of Business Development & Partner Marketing, will lead the Global Partner Marketing team.
As Head of Partner Marketing you will be responsible for developing the strategy and leading execution and optimization of results oriented partner marketing programs and initiatives that drive awareness, acquisition for and engagement with Amazon Music with priority, strategic partners. Our ideal candidate in this highly visible role is a self-directed strategic thinker and marketing innovator who thrives in a complex, ambiguous, and fast-paced environment who has a track record of leading a team to achieve (and measure) great results under aggressive timelines. You, together with your team, will develop programs to launch and optimise partnerships including partner marketing campaigns that break through creatively while also driving core KPIs as well as build scalable marketing solutions and tools. When you identify roadblocks to achieving established goals, you together with your team will use your creative problem-solving skills to unblock and move things forward. You will collaborate directly and closely with Amazon Music’s key external partners as well as with internal stakeholders (e.g. BD, Artist Marketing, Label Relations, BI, Design and Engagement Marketing). Above all, you must have a passion for motivating and inspiring a talented team, understand what drives consumer and partner behaviour and the experience to turn that passion and experience into integrated launch and sustaining campaigns that deliver results.
As Head of Partner Marketing on the Amazon Music team, your key responsibilities will include:
· Formulate and drive a partner marketing strategy for Amazon Music which supports our overall partnering strategy and goals
· Lead and develop a small team to set and achieve goals; work cross-organisationally to influence work in support of goals
· Assess and prioritise partner marketing proposals to optimise results against KPIs; customer acquisition, engagement and retention. Drive alignment with BD on partner prioritization.
· Develop and evolve creative propositions and marketing packages for partners (i.e. content focus, differentiated offerings) that drive partnership objectives
· Own AM BD and Partner Marketing core deck, including keeping the deck updated with the most current and compelling information, news, and updates about Amazon Music that can be shared with external partners
· Lead the development of GTM and work-back plans and lean in to ensure partner is meeting launch and optimization plan expectations.
· Collaborate internally (e.g with Brand/Acquisition/Engagement Marketing, Artist Marketing, Product, Licensing, other Amazon business units) to deliver best in class campaign opportunities for our partners
· Build insights to inform product/partnership enhancements and partnership opportunities
· Work closely with key partners at the executive level to understand their customers, their goals and their approach to marketing and influence them to prioritise Amazon Music with artist led campaigns
· Support Business Development leads throughout the negotiation process on the sell-in of new partnerships with pitches, proposals, and B2B communications that bring Amazon Music to life, and on optimization of existing deals
· Report on partner marketing performance and opportunities to cross-functional executives at Amazon
· Functioning at a global level, share best practices, and scale programs or campaigns that benefit other regions
· Update relevant internal marketing teams (e.g., social, artist relations) on priority BD partnerships, proactively bring these teams solutions for how they can help support partnership goals while also achieving AM marketing goals when relevant
· Build insights to inform BD on partners/partnership types that have the most potential for internal marketing support when relevant
· Educate partners on best practices for marketing Amazon Music and provide customized guidance for each partner as needed
· Educate partners as needed on AM partner marketing processes (e.g., how creative approval process works, what is needed from partner side in order to launch in timely manner) and on how to work most efficiently with AM partner marketing
This role can sit in either New York, Los Angeles or London
· 10+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· 5+ years of experience directly managing others
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
· Experience directly managing teams
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
· 10+ years marketing experience preferably in partner/B2B2C marketing or else in integrated and/or product market marketing
· Experience working in digital marketing preferably entertainment or gaming
· Experience building and leading marketing strategies and teams
· Demonstrated ability building, executing and scaling cross-functional creative marketing programs
· Experience building relationships at a senior/exec level with and influencing internal and external partners
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.