Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding? Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control in the automotive market exciting? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a talented Data engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and soon, cars! We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
You’ve found the right team if you are a passionate Data Engineer with experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will help to kick-start a new organization in Toronto and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on cutting edge products used every day by people you know.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize data into data stores and data pipelines for use by data scientists, business leaders, and engineers. To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with complex, medium to large data sets, and understand how self-service dashboards are built and used with your data sets. The successful candidate will have a passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate.
· Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools, machine learning platforms, and notification systems
· Establish new, scalable, efficient, automated processes for ingesting data used by scientists to model and forecast Alexa traffic
· Maintain and enhance existing data pipelines
· Work with data scientists to source data for machine learning algorithms that forecast traffic coming to Alexa
· Work with dashboard owners and business owners to understand data needed for key business cost metrics and building data stores and data pipelines to deliver the needed data
· Bachelor’s degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline is required.
Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 5 years + experience as a Data Engineer, Business or similar roles
· Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Proficient in scripting languages(python, SQL, NoSQL, etc.)
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline.
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.).
· Experience coding with scripting languages (R or Python) to do basic data manipulation and mathematical computations
· Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contracted for employment opportunity, advice Human resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.