Are you inspired by recruiting talent that builds new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront recruiting for new robotics and autonomous system technologies? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then read further.
Our hiring teams have been hard at work finding the best and brightest people from around the world to develop a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. Our technologists developed Amazon Scout at their research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path. The hiring team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way.
As a Recruiting Manager for Amazon Scout, you will manage a group of technical recruiters and partner closely with business leadership to build and execute against Talent Acquisition strategies to deliver talent at scale, focused on niche technical talent. This role is highly impactful – you will work closely with leaders to deliver against needs in multiple technical areas, including: Software Development, Applied Sciences, Technical Program and Product Management, Quality and Testing and more.
You should be self-driven, able to develop strong relationships, communicate clearly with data, prioritize effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You're resourceful, customer-obsessed, team-oriented, and have the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. As an end-to-end owner, you enjoy delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing thought leadership.
The Scout team offers career growth in a highly collaborative and fun work environment.
· Drive sourcing capability & capacity across our team to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels to expedite the recruitment of bar raising talent.
· Work closely with Business, Finance and HR leaders to influence and deliver a quality assessment and candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
· Partner with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and Recruiting Managers) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels (both domestic US and internationally) where we can find the best, diverse talent who fit our technical and cultural demands.
· Build, engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing recruiters in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
· Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
· Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
· Lead and/or participate in cross-business/cross-company special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
· 6+ years of Recruiting and/or HR experience
· 3+ years direct people leadership experience
· Experience recruiting for technical/Software Development Engineering talent
· Experience building, coaching and leading recruiting teams
· Experience working with recruiting tools and systems, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheets
· Experience managing senior staff
· Ability to work on and lead a diverse team
· Organized and pragmatic; thrives in a results-oriented environment
· Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of ROI
· Experience creating, measuring and scaling workflow between Candidates, Hiring Managers and the Recruiting team
· A proven track record of influencing senior leaders on recruiting strategies
· Project/Program Management Experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Workforce planning experience
· Experience utilizing data and analytical skills to create, measure, and scale workflows to achieve accelerated hiring goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.