This is a role that will drive experimentation strategy for all of AWS Marketing organization, and will enable strategic decision making at the highest
A day in the life
Scoping out experiments with key marketing stakeholders, writing measurement docs and working with the engineering teams to automate measurement.
About the hiring group
The AWS Marketing ML & Science team owns all ML modeling, economics, experimentation and science projects for AWS Marketing organization.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building a world-class marketing organization, and we are looking for a Economist to apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. As a key member on the Marketing Data: Science & Engineering (D:SE) team you will partner with a team of experts across the fields of Product Management, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering to develop new and innovative solutions to some of the hardest challenges in Marketing. In this role, you will work on the key initiatives and partner with business stakeholders, to build solutions and recommendations to drive key business outcomes for the AWS business.
In this role, you will work on designing experiments, build causal econometric models to measure the effectiveness of our marketing programs, apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of shipping great products.
· Design paid media and AWS-owned channels (email, website, console) experiments, establish measurement frameworks
· Partner with the key marketing teams (Acquisition, Nurture, Product, Email, Console, Website, Events and others) to scope out new experiments and seek out opportunities to measure Marketing organization's actions more effectively
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· PhD in Economics
· 3+ years post PhD experience in conducting economic research
. Must have experience in Python, Stata, R and/or Scala.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Experience with experimental design in complex business settings, measuring lagged effects
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
. Must have the ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders.
· Experience working with an interdisciplinary science and business team
· Proven experience in R, Python, or a related software
· SQL proficiency
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Preferred specialties in behavioral economists with broad applied econometric skills are also encouraged to apply.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us