Amazon's Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is looking for a visually-driven user experience designer to join our growing UX team.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of world-class multi-disciplinary designers to invent and deliver the core UX/UI building blocks that align and extend the Alexa experience across all Alexa-enabled devices. You will collaborate with research, product, design, and engineering teams across the organization to build customer-focused solutions at scale. You must be proactive, creative, flexible, resilient, and able to handle high levels of ambiguity.
· Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment
· Create user-centered designs by considering user research, customer feedback, metrics, and usability findings
· Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
· Experience using best practices for information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Principle, and Figma
· Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
· Experience with consumer brand experience design and a understanding of storytelling
· Ability to extract abstract concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Additional design skills in related fields, including motion design, prototyping, and web development
· Experience in designing interactions for voice led devices
· Proficiency in presenting design work to user experience teams, product and engineering teams, and executives for review and feedback
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.