Amazon AI is looking for world class scientists and engineers to join its CodeGuru Reviewer science group. This group is entrusted with developing core program analysis, data mining and machine learning algorithms for Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer. At the Reviewer science group at Amazon AI you will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art program analysis and machine learning algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore conceptually new solutions. You will interact closely with our customers and with the academic community. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS and work with other acclaimed engineers and world-famous scientists.
- Develop techniques and build tools find problems in customer code, or show the absence of security/safety problems.
- Implement these tools through the use of static analysis, symbolic reasoning and testing techniques
- Create software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrate the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
- Can present and defend company-wide technical decisions to the internal technical community and represent the company effectively at technical conferences.
- Functional thought leader, sought after for key tech decisions. Can successfully sell ideas to an executive level decision maker.
· Be an active member of a science development team.
· Improve and accelerate our technology with science, algorithm design, and prototyping.
· Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
· Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
· Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Recognize and help hire top talent in your field.
· Mentor others in achieving their career growth potential.
· Drive an independent research agenda that is well-aligned with business needs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong publication record at top conferences and journals
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· At least 3 years of industrial/academic experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, or theorem proving
· At least 3 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
· Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Experience developing/modifying constraint solvers
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us