Imagine solving complex infrastructure problems and building systems at Amazon scale. Imagine being part of a company that obsesses over customers. Stop imaging and experience it at Amazon Operations Technology!
Amazon Infrastructure Engineering is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team and drive the development of our fulfillment center infrastructure. In particular, this role will focus on a building automation for Network Infrastructure for new site builds that fulfill millions of customer orders per day.
The Operations Technology team builds and continuously improves the core infrastructure components used by tens of thousands of Amazonians, hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices, a growing fleet of robots, and countless other user devices in our facilities around the world. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will work directly with other systems, network and software engineers to help secure the technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation sites.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will have deep hands on experience developing automation in native AWS with cutting edge technologies. You will have a broad understanding of cloud and information systems concepts including, but not limited to cloud infrastructure, network design and AWS. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role, as will patience and a sense of humor.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
· Experience with the following technologies: Java, Dynamo, SQS, Elastic Search, Native AWS tools, Cloud computing etc.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience with Information Security
· Experience building large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed system.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to influence peers and cross-functional teams with technical merit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.