Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
Economists at Amazon Delivery Experience will be expected to work directly with senior management to drive innovation in retail supply chain and help solve key business problems in operations. You will apply the frontier of economic thinking on design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, and other areas. You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· Experience in a postdoctoral position; or, experience in consulting, government or academic research.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.