Amazon Sponsored Ads is one of the fastest growing business domains and we are looking for talented scientists to join this team of incredible scientists to contribute to this growth. We are still in Day 1 and there is an abundance of opportunities that are yet to be explored. We are a team of highly motivated and collaborative team of machine learning scientists, with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. We have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. Sponsored Products (SP) Budgets team is focussed on helping advertisers set their campaign budgets in an optimized fashion. The team owns optimization and recommendation systems that provide advertisers with controls as well as guidance to set optimal budgets. These services are powered by backend machine learning algorithms that interact and build upon a wide range of components such as CTR prediction, dynamic pricing, ranking, ad relevance, ad quality, query understanding, recommendation systems, and much more. Our technology enables thousands of brands, vendors, sellers and authors to drive discovery and sales of their products across millions of customers.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist to build the next generation of optimization and recommendation services for advertisers. You will be expected to demonstrate strong ownership, and should be curious to learn and leverage multi-modal data (textual, image, etc.) to help advertisers optimize their performance. This role specifically will focus on building machine learning systems for bids and budgets. This role will challenge you to utilize cutting edge machine learning techniques in the domain of multi armed bandits, reinforcement learning, natural language processing (NLP), deep learning, and image recognition to deliver significant impact for the business. The ideal candidates should be able to work cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, synthesize the science needs of our advertisers, develop models to solve business needs, and implement solutions in production. Hence, we would expect them to be independent, have a natural bias to action, strong communication skills, and be agile to make continuous incremental progress on a project without losing focus of the end goal.
As an Applied Scientist on this team you will:
· Build machine learning models and utilize data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
· Perform hands-on analysis and modeling with very large data sets to develop insights that increase traffic monetization and merchandise sales without compromising shopper experience.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production.
· Design and run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
· Work with scientists and economists to model the interaction between organic sales and sponsored content and to further evolve Amazon's business.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Research new predictive learning approaches for the sponsored products business.
· Write production code to bring models into production.
Why you love this opportunity
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team is responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Ads businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth
You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven fundamentally from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience in design of experiments, statistical analysis, implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
· Experience in solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, or search, etc.
· Technical leadership in machine learning.
· Effective and crisp verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with very large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Demonstrated successful industrial experience, drives results.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/ontario
#sspajobs #spmpjobs #sptargjobs