Since 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies, governments and other public sector organizations an improved way to use technology by providing highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible cloud services.
AWS is growing rapidly in the UK and around the world and as part of this growth, the UK Public Sector team is looking to recruit a Pursuit/Business Development Capture Manager to work with local governments, education institutions and non-profit organisations. Our vision is to help public institutions in the UK make a significant impact on the lives of citizens, by using AWS Cloud services.
As a critical part of this team, this position is focused on helping customers through the public procurement process. This includes:
1) Shaping and driving critical cloud business sales pursuits by both AWS and/or our partners;
2) Defining and executing strategy to build effective government cloud buying mechanisms (e.g.; tenders, frameworks, contracts etc.), with the aim of becoming a trusted advisor to customers and partners on cloud procurement best practices;
3) Qualifying cloud opportunities, from the prospect inception phase to bid approval, working with customers and partners and collaborating internally with an international team of professionals, including Proposal, Technical Writer, Solution Architect and Security & Compliance teams;
4) Helping public sector organizations and partners understand the importance of approaching a procurement process in a way that enables them to fully benefit from cloud agility, innovation and cost savings.
Responsibilities include developing and leading procurement strategies, qualifying, shaping and influencing opportunities well in-advance of tenders/procurement, and working with public sector customers, AWS partners and internal stakeholders on these pursuit efforts. You will be responsible for building a compelling value proposition and sharing it when meeting with prospective customers. Additionally, the role works closely with the AWS partner network which includes technology firms, advisory firms, system integrators, software vendors and resellers.
The position is an integral part of the country team working directly with the sales leaders, public policy, partners, proposals, legal and contracts. You will also work closely with the International team and global AWS stakeholders to share best practices and learn from international experience on cloud acquisition strategies for public sector organizations.
· Significant business development experience (ideally technology related): identifying, shaping and closing new business opportunities
· Must have a demonstrated understanding of public sector procurement and contract mechanisms
· Must have demonstrated experience of successfully negotiating and executing public sector procurement and contract mechanisms
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
· Strong gravitas to engage with senior officials, customers, and influencers to drive change
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customer
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Have the ability to think and act from a long term strategic perspective
· University degree or equivalent experience
· MBA or advanced college degree preferred
· Technical/Tender Writing experience