Regional Marketing Lead – Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
Cloud Computing technology is changing the world. We are looking for individuals who want to help shape this exciting time with us. If you have a passion for leading marketing for Sub Saharan Africa, please read on…
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented, self-directed regional marketing leader to generate awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) cloud computing platform. This role will cover Sub Saharan Africa (SSA). This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
As the Marketing leader for SSA, you will be responsible for building and implementing the AWS marketing strategy, planning, and execution targeted to startups, developers, small businesses and enterprise customers across all of the region. You will work closely with the regional sales teams to identify opportunities and develop innovative marketing strategies. You will help drive marketing initiatives and campaigns that drive awareness, generate demand or help accelerate opportunities in your market. The Regional Marketing Lead will be part of the leadership team and build marketing strategies and initiatives to ignite new markets for AWS in the SSA area.
You will partner with marketing leaders in other regions across EMEA and share practices with corporate teams in the United States or with other teams worldwide. The right candidate is able to drive business impact and has successful experience in results-driven marketing and partnering with the internal teams to drive growth in new regions, as well as an unbridled passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Do you look around corners for ways to impact industries by leveraging effective marketing strategies? Are you experienced in partnering with sales teams, being their trusted marketing advisor to drive programs that supports the business growth in new services?
Come build the future with us.
· Solid experience in marketing.
· Experience in marketing management, developing marketing strategy, digital marketing, event management, product management, lead management.
· Demonstrated experience in measuring and improving the ROI of marketing investments.
· Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional, matrixed global organization.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
· Experience in managing time and multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget and deliver on time.
· Proven knowledge of marketing tools preferred, such as SalesForce.com and Marketo.
· Fluency in English. Experience in communicating and presenting information across multiple senior stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology, or relevant field of study. MBA preferred.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services preferred.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Ability to manage time and multiple priorities with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Strong attention to detail to meet our high bar for customer-facing content and provide flawless execution.
· Knowledge of testing and measurement practices to optimize ROI and evolve strategy.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· MBA preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.