Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help public sector, startups, education and research institutes understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)?
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), the cloud product line of Amazon is a platform where motivated employees thrive and ownership leads to meaningful results. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. One of our missions at AWS is to give customers access to the most innovative technology available and help them continuously reinvent their businesses.
Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL) is the local reseller of AWS Cloud services in India. For people who like to invent, there’s no better place to build than in AISPL. We have a strong culture of making data-driven decisions, requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that drive significant business value. Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries. To help our customers on this journey we are looking for a Principal Business Development professional to develop AISPL’s in collaboration with service and business stakeholders, and grow the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and scientific background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of Public Sector and Education partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the potential and challenges of Quantum Computing, different hardware platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to scientists, engineering teams, and senior public sector officials. This requires deep familiarity with classical state-of-the-art approaches to quantum computing, as well as target use cases using HPC and ML in the cloud.
As the ideal candidate, you will be responsible for helping customers understand the value proposition of Quantum Computing on AWS, creating the most compelling content and demos to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also be a Quantum Computing trusted advisor to customers and internal teams; helping develop the Quantum Computing knowledge and skills of Solutions Architects, as well as the technical field community. Additionally, you will work with the Amazon Braket (AWS’ fully-managed, end-to-end quantum computing service) engineering and product management teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You will get to work on a leading technology field and growing business; and have a material impact, every day. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to technical experts, researchers, software developers, IT pros, and system architects. This requires a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, research, and technical challenges.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of science and technological transformations, as a key leader.
Roles & Responsibilities
Build advanced solutions leveraging AWS Quantum Computing services, working closely with our customers to deeply understand their business needs and to design technical solutions that take advantage of the AWS Cloud platform and Quantum Computing services.
· Demonstrate the viability of each solution through mechanisms like proof-of-concepts and/or prototypes.
· Build “Quantum Computing and Cloud Computing, better together” best practices, and develop a strong partner go-to-market strategy.
· Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, advanced demos, white papers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
· Evangelize AWS Quantum Computing services and technologies through forums such as AWS Blogs, white papers, reference architectures and public-speaking events such as AWS summit, and user-group events.
· Collaborate with AISPL’s field sales, professional services, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and effectively use AWS Quantum Computing services.
· Serve as a key member of the business development and account management teams helping to ensure customer and partner success on the AWS Quantum Computing platform.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support; providing updates on customer progress and ensuring execution by partners.
· Gaining recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker for multiple internal and external events.
· Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, roadmap reviews, sample solutions and discussions to drive adoption of AWS’ Quantum Computing platform, and developer tools.
· Identifying leads for potential engagement needing pre-sales support
· Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning and developer program initiatives
· Assessing training requirements and coordinating with various training teams on scheduling and delivery of training to both internal and external audiences.
- PhD in Physics or Engineering (or related STEM fields)
- 7+ years experience working with a few of these technologies: quantum information science, advanced machine learning, probabilistic modeling, optimization, sensor fusion and/or scalable computing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple technical and stakeholder groups to bring a complete solution to production.
- Strong track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, conferences and/or curated blogs.
- Domain expertise in ONE of the following is required with ability to work across more than one domain being highly valued
o Quantum algorithms
o Hybrid Quantum/classical algorithms
§ E.g. Quantum Approximate Optimization Algorithm (QAOA) and its variants, Variational Quantum Eigensolver (VQE) and its variants
§ Using classical machine learning to enhance Noisy Intermediate Scale Quantum (NISQ) algorithms
o Applications for quantum computing
§ Computational quantum chemistry
§ Quantum Machine Learning Algorithms
§ Quantum matter simulations
§ Quantum metrology
§ Quantum communication networks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.