Are you excited by the development of solutions incorporating Edge devices, the Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML) models, and cloud computing? Want to help the largest public sector customers and global enterprises derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprises’ use cases of AWS Edge, IoT, and ML? Do you have a strong combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen, and interpersonal skills?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build Edge/IoT ML solutions on the AWS Cloud. We are applying ML techniques to large volumes of IoT and customer data against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and being trusted advisers to our customers. If you have experience with IoT, Edge devices, and AI, and want to work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and service teams to drive AWS adoption, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into customer problems, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. The candidate will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of Cloud/Edge hybrid deployments, IoT, and AI.
· Understand the customer’s business need and guide them to a solution using AWS services, platforms, and frameworks
· Assist customers by being able to deliver an Edge/IoT ML project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, eliciting requirements, and deploying solutions that deliver business impact to the organization
· Use ML tools, such as Amazon SageMaker GroundTruth, Studio, Edge Manager, and Neo
· Deploy to AWS Edge devices, including AWS Snowball Edge, Snowcone, and others
· Use IoT tools, such as AWS IoT Core, Greengrass, and Events
· Work closely with account teams, research scientist teams, and product engineering teams to drive implementation
· Incorporate DevOps best practices to help our customers operationalize solutions after they are built
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
· 6+ years of relevant experience in building large scale enterprise IT systems
· 3+ years of experience with solution development using cloud technologies
· Experience deploying ML models using AWS Sagemaker or similar cloud services
· Experience writing code in Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ with documentation for reproducibility
· Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentations
· Master’s degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
· Experience with ML fields, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, predictive maintenance
· Experience compiling and deploying ML models to small-form-factor hardware, e.g., NVIDIA Jetson Xavier, particularly using AWS SageMaker Neo
· Experience in one or more specific Edge / IoT / embedded / M2M industry (e.g., home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
· Deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organizations
· Prior experience developing solutions for public sector
· Experience developing cloud/edge hybrid solutions
· Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Preferred location is Arlington, VA and location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, with access to a major airport required for travel purposes.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.