Amazon Education team's goal is to make life long education accessible to everyone in an affordable way.
We are working on exciting new initiatives in the Education space.
We also own the Rentals By Amazon platform and are looking to grow it to categories other than textbooks. We are building the next generation of E-Textbook Rental architecture and provide study solutions on kindle. We want expand on these exciting solutions as well as launch new products in the edtech space.
We are looking for a skilled Front-End Engineer capable of building responsive and highly interactive interfaces using modern tooling like React. We want someone who can work well in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, JSP and Node
· Deep experience in one or more front-end frameworks preferably React.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
· Experience in back end technologies microservices (Java)
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.