We recently launched IQ, a service that connects customers with experts for help of all kinds. We’re at the early stages of what promises to be a big business for Amazon and our customers. We own our product roadmap, technical , engineering process, launch plan, go to market, and P&L. Our team is made up of inspired product managers, strong technical leaders, and motivated, autonomous software engineers. IQ operates two real-time web applications for buyers and experts. The applications have a rich set of functionality including chat, video conferencing, access management, and more.
The ideal candidate is a creative technology leader with both breadth and depth of relevant technologies. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is to be able to innovate by defining solutions that can and deliver on customer value. Ideal candidates have extensive experience with agile methodologies, and show bias for action while working within a cohesive, startup-style team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at before. You will gain an understanding of how Amazon operates around a number of different product areas and help influence the direction of these products. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews. We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Work Life Balance –
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
· Experience developing in multiple languages
· Experience with designing and building large scale systems
· Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with contributing to open source
· Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
· Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
· Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.