This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Blink is actively seeking a Accountant to support the Company’s financial planning, budgeting and analysis as well as direct business partner support. You will be responsible for working with the finance and accounting teams, partnering with the business to help them understand and manage their budgets and forecasts, proactively delivering insights to relevant constituents. You will also facilitate communications across the organization, delivering insightful financial analyses and reports to internal and external parties and working closely with the accounting function to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. You will get as much responsibility as you demonstrate you can handle!
· Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various asset and liability accounts
· Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
· Coordinate with other teams to ensure proper accounting for transactions
· Prepare trial balance upload file provided to corporate
· Participate in implementation of new systems, including but not limited to, product life management (PLM), supplier management and bill of material costing
· Prepare documentation of current accounting processes and identify/implement processes to strengthen controllership
· Perform reconciliation of historical data to support audit requirements
· Ad hoc analyses and projects, as needed
· 3+ years of experience as an Accountant
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
· Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
· Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
· Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
· Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
· Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
· Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $35 an hour. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.