PeopleTech is looking for a Data Science and Business Intelligence Manager to lead a team of data scientists and business intelligence engineers to deliver best in class analytical tools, reports and research projects that measure and improve the quality of time and attendance solutions used by Amazon's global workforce.
What is Time and Attendance all about?
Time and Attendance (TAA) is a rapidly growing team tackling new, hard problems that Amazon has not solved at scale and creating fundamentally improved ways for employees to record time and receive accurate pay. Our customers include each and every Amazon employee globally... we're talking millions of salaried employees and hourly workers on every continent...those who work in corporate offices, fulfillment warehouses, customer service sites, Alexa data services, AWS data centers, physical retail stores like Amazon Books and Go, subsidiaries, and these days, even home offices! Factor in the number of different variations of a “work week,” work day, overtime, and an equally daunting amount of reporting requirements. Account for rapid and dynamic way our businesses evolve and operate in order to drive innovation for both employees and customers -- for example, the ability for hourly workers to complete all training virtually, to work across Amazon businesses, and even to work across locations. We must be able to move at Amazon speed and continuously innovate to delight our customer. Are you up for the challenge?
Who are we looking for to join our team?
PeopleTech is looking for a strong and tenured Data Science and Business Intelligence Manager who will help develop and expand a robust suite of analytical tools and reports that measure and improve the quality of time and attendance solutions used by Amazon's global workforce. We are looking for someone who can lead a team to drive complex analyses to solve critical business problems faced by our team and by Amazon many businesses and customers who leverage our time solutions. This manager will lead the team to build and manage modeling projects, identify data requirements, and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. This leader should be passionate about defining the strategy for how we analyze the health and success of our time products, ensuring that product and program managers are using the right data to make key business decisions, quantify impact, evaluate success criteria, and extrapolate on past data to make predictions for the future.
· Bring vision and strategic leadership over a team of data scientists and business intelligence engineers to establish metrics, reporting and drive research projects that provide insights into identifying and eliminating pay defects and automating manual efforts.
· Creating a road map of the most challenging business questions from product owners, program managers and senior leadership, and use data to articulate possible root cause analysis and solutions
· Collaborate with business/operations/engineering teams to consult, develop and implement KPI’s, automated reporting/process solutions and data infrastructure.
· Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools, notification systems and ML models.
· Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skill to extract meaningful insight and learning from large and complicated data sets.
· Recruit, grow, and develop top talent
· Serve as liaison between the Business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 8+ years of relevant professional experience in data analytics, business intelligence engineer, data modeling, machine learning, search or personalization- related problems, and large scale simulation.
· Experience in managing and quantifying improvement in multiple business areas resulting from business analytics, optimization techniques, and/or statistical modeling.
· 3+ years of direct people management experience including duties such as performance evaluation and career development.
· Experience with statistical analysis, research science, machine learning and deep learning techniques, data modeling, regression modeling, financial analysis, and demand modeling.
· Experience in leading analytical teams and experience of planning and implementing analytical and reporting projects in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Good team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations
· Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems
· Experience with applying Machine Learning and Data Science in HR, Marketing, Advertising, or the social and behavioral sciences.
· Familiarity with Human Resources/People data (e.g. Payroll, Job Records, and Time data).
· Ability to engage with and influence senior leadership across a variety of functions and business lines.
· Expertise in prototyping and scripting languages (R, Perl or Python) with applications of efficient large-scale data analysis in a complicated system
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.).