Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We’ve got a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with all the unique strengths of being part of Amazon. Across all our teams and locations, we’re united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games—and we’re looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you’ll have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Want to build models which deliver immediate business impact? Come work directly with partners and business leaders to grow Prime Gaming by delivering data-driven insights that help leadership optimize content and perceived value to our customers!
This role allows you to influence the frontier of business development and will challenge you to master complex data sets, use programmatic evaluation and / or econometric models to address complex problems, design and test hypotheses, and build automated decision-making systems. You will work at the intersection of Business Intelligence, Fraud Prevention, Content and Operations, Marketing, and Finance teams to collaborate cross-functionally with scientists, analysts, engineers, and product leaders.
An ideal candidate is an experienced, resourceful, and independent problem solver who can deploy scalable and sophisticated scientific solutions under challenging time constraints. If you have these skills and are excited about making a big impact in the gaming industry, we are looking for you!
· Use the breadth of Amazon's available data to drive insights and recommendations for business leaders in growing the Prime Gaming business.
· Partner with senior leaders to identify opportunities to test hypotheses that can drive customer acquisition, engagement, or retention.
· Own the end-to-end execution of research projects from project planning, data ingestion, exploratory analysis, model development, and productionization in collaboration with a team of scientists, analysts, and engineers.
· Advocate for broader understanding of scientific methods and analysis within a fast-moving business organization
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· PhD degree in a quantitative field - Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Machine Learning, or Computer Science with a focus on scientific methods.
· 6+ years of applied experience.
· Proficiency in working with big data.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
· Experience in program evaluation methods and causal inference.
· Background with predictive modeling and time-series forecasting methods.
· Proficiency in a software development language like C++, Java, Python, or Scala.
· Proficiency with a statistical modeling framework like R, Python, Matlab, Scala, or Spark.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.