We are looking for a high caliber and tested Principal Product Manager to build the Privacy and Compliance program for a new business initiative with strategic significance and high visibility.
Your broad responsibilities will include leveraging your deep privacy experience to drive large-scale efforts that solve significantly complex or endemic problems. You will decompose complex privacy processes into straight-forward solutions, often inventing new ones. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires a strong ability to influence others - you will work closely with teams across the company, including Legal, engineering, and business owners. You must be able to effectively partner to deliver privacy goals, including continually improving the corresponding processes and technology and trusted to operate with independence.
We are looking for a critical thinker who is also technically adept and thrives on solving challenges in partnership with teams across Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than many programs and display high levels of dive deep, bias for action, earn trust and ownership.
· 10+ years of experience in privacy, regulatory, or risk and compliance roles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of risk management methods and industry best practices.
· Ability to understand complex business processes and technologies.
· Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability problem solve, make decisions in complex situations and drive issues to completion.
· Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions to drive positive change.
· Experience in data privacy or security compliance in a highly technical environment
· Experience executing software programs in support of a major compliance effort
· Have a record of delivery of privacy process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
· Relevant Privacy or Security certifications (CIPP-US, CIPP-EU, CRISC, CISSP, CISM)
· Experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of privacy controls.
· Experience in working directly with auditors for compliance assessments.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us