Amazon is seeking a Process Engineer to support the Amazon Logistics North America (AMZL NA) Process Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for designing, managing and executing the next generation of delivery station processes, equipment, and operations. This is a unique opportunity to own new innovation projects that will advance the intelligence of our last mile business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Plan and design systems that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
· Recommend and implement changes to safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
· Project management from conception to completion
· Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
· Assessing and optimizing the processes and equipment used in the Delivery Station
· Spearheading a redesign effort for the inbound receiving dock, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues for shipping clerk workstations, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering
· 3 years of experience in a similar process development role
· Experience in Logistics, Distribution and Fulfillment processes
· Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
· Experience with data analysis and supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access
· Experience with standard development tools e.g. AutoCAD, MS Visio
· MBA, MSc or MEng (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
· Certified OE Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Sensei (6-Sigma Black Belts a plus)
· Experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics, distribution, last mile or production/manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated Process Engineering skills
· Excellent Project Management skills
· High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Experience with simulation and 3D modeling software
· Experience in last mile operations
· Strong project management, data analysis and forecasting skills.
· Set clear goals and lead a team to achieve those goals
· Demonstrated success in hands-on process development and improvement
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us