Prime Video is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. PV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We’re building the future of TV—yes, it’s challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun!
A day in the life
On a typical day, you may:
· Learn and use cutting-edge AWS technologies
· Discuss and design new product features
· Implement code and tests for a service
· Ensure operational readiness of a service
· Resolve impending issues before customers notice them
· Craft a plan to evolve or deprecate a service
About the hiring group
PV-Search Engineering is a team that was created to build video-focused search infrastructures from the ground up. Our vision is to make Prime Video applications the first choice for anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie or TV Show. We will do that by developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilizing rich metadata sets, and consistently displaying relevant results to customers.
The Prime Video (PV) Search Engineering team is looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies, information retrieval problems, and digital entertainment.
Key activities include:
· Join a team in a startup mode with a group of highly passionate engineers
· Have an impact on the product direction and customer experience
· Innovate and develop new ways to search videos
· Gain experience in developing scalable, tier-1, AWS-based platforms
· Continuously improve the search experiences by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact
· Build new capabilities to browse video content. A video knowledge graph for instance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
· Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role