Do you love launching new brands? As an attorney on our IP team, you'll manage trademark matters for multiple business segments in our device space. You will interact directly with business teams on product launches, including the protection of brands, trademarks, copyrights and domain names. Responsibilities include direct management of clearance, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of our growing US and foreign trademark portfolio, client counseling, licensing, developing intellectual property protection policies, and educating and coaching the business on intellectual property matters.
This position will be an attorney in a dynamic team of IP professionals responsible for trademark, copyright and domain issues globally. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· 7+ years of experience with trademark and copyright issues, particularly those relevant to digital products and services (in-house experience a plus)
· Experience managing a global trademark portfolio
· Experience managing global trademark and copyright enforcement, especially those involving technology companies and services
· A law degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar or foreign equivalent
· Significant experience providing practical advice on a wide variety of intellectual property issues, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
· Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues
· Ability to effectively translate IP issues to members of the creative, marketing, business, management and legal teams
· Creativity, attention to detail, commitment to customer service and excellent communication skills
· A sense of humor and a passion for branding
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us