In Project Kuiper Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable our program to design and engineer the future of LEO Satellite based broadband services. We are an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization. We build with AWS technology to develop the best solution for our team to succeed. Our team succeeds when the entire Project Kuiper organization can scale as needed to be successful.
A day in the life
In this role, you will be leading the Kuiper Enterprise Engineering team. Project Kuiper has unique challenges that require a dedicated team of system engineers, system development and network engineers to build, automate, and drive operational excellence. You build services that are critical for our team to grow. You own the Infrastructure for mission critical hardware development software services and lab networks. You raise the bar to operate and secure tier-1 services. You will build a deeply technical team, delivering highly-scalable services and a low-latency experience for all of your customers.
About the hiring group
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
· Build and lead team a two pizza team of System Development and Network Engineers.
· Own lab network security framework including remote access, local firewalls, Access Control Lists, VLANs, and monitoring and alarming for anomalies.
· Build alarming and monitoring framework to drive a Tier-1 standard support model.
· Build project wide governance model including approved use policies and maintain compliance with corporate information standards.
· Deliver roadmaps and strategic planning for team.
· Lead AWS infrastructure deployment projects for internal teams.
· Partnering with internal teams, gathering requirements, and build solutions to support new tools and services.
· Work across Kuiper and greater Amazon organizations to deploy and integrate networking infrastructure.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
· 5+ years of software development experience, including hands-on development work and object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Strong business and technical vision, with experience taking a project from inception to delivery.
· Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure, software, or distributed systems.
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development