Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure.
AWS Telecom Business Unit is seeking an experienced Sales Operations and Business Insights leader to partner with the business unite leadership team to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will create and implement success metrics for the organization, and drive predictability in operations, planning, goals setting, strategic initiatives, as well as reporting and success measuring of the key internal initiatives. The ideal candidate has strong business strategy background, organizational planning experience, broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a passion for analytics and data. The ideal individual will leverage past experiences to assist our technical teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance, optimizing the organizational design for serving the customer.
This position will be responsible for implementing KPIs and measuring performance of the organization, supplying the management team with relevant and timely data and facts on health of the functions. This position will manage the rhythm of the activities such as Weekly Reviews, goal setting and tracking mechanisms, as well as other cadenced reporting and metrics.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the AWS TELCO Business Unit, such as Sales, Solution Architects, Partner, and Professional Services, to facilitate knowledge sharing, best practice dissemination and alignment. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
As Operations Lead, your role is critical and highly visible across the organization. Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Participate to the definition of the goals, drive programs and reporting across the org to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve attainment of strategic objectives
· Track and report all key performance indicators, goals, efficiency and trend analyses during monthly business reviews
· Develop management dashboards and reports
· Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
· Analyze data and trends to make informed recommendations to managers and drive change
· Define requirements for specific tooling to support processes and optimize day-to-day work
· Collaborate with other operations managers to identify and implement best practices.
· Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs.
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a passion for developing insights from data. He/ She should be able to communicate those insights effectively to business stakeholders. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills as well as the ability to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions. The candidate will also be able to collect information and design the analysis model that answers these questions. The candidate will demonstrate critical analytical thinking and the willingness to dive deep. Lastly, he should be have a technical proficiency in Excel and preferably Tableau/QuickSight.
· Minimum 7 years of leading a divisional Business Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
· Experience in multiple organizational functions such as compensation, forecasting, organizational development, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
· Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
· Financial, analytical and effective written and oral communication skills.
· Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL, a Sales CRM (Salesforce preferred) with advanced Excel skills.
· Cross group collaboration skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
· +2 years experience in the Telecommunications industry
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management.
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses and influencing results.
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills and efficient in ambiguous situations.
· MBA or an other relevant advanced degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.