Amazon is seeking a Senior Research Scientist within its global Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) org. Amazon’s CBA org is focused on maximizing the value of Amazon’s customer base for all Amazon properties worldwide. The team is highly results oriented, and is focused on leveraging in-house technology in order to automate and scale marketing programs that drive new customers and maximize lifetime value of Amazon customers through measurable marketing programs and channels.
We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join our efforts to build the next generation of analytics systems measuring marketing ROI using machine learning and econometrics at big data scale at Amazon. You will work with distributed machine learning and statistical algorithms across multiple platforms to harness enormous volumes of online data at scale to match customers and products/offers based on probabilistic reasoning.
The Senior Research Scientist will be a technical player in a team working to develop ultra-scale platforms for machine learning, and help develop new, revolutionary approaches that optimize Amazon’s systems using cutting edge quantitative techniques.
You need to be fluid in:
· Data warehousing and EMR (Hive, Pig, R, Python).
· Feature extraction, feature engineering and feature selection.
· Machine learning, causal modeling, statistical algorithms and recommenders.
· Model evaluation, validation and deployment.
· Experimental design and testing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Masters/ PHD in machine learning, information science, engineering, statistics or a highly quantitative field with Industry work experience
· Proven ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning and statistics
· 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and/or statistical models
· Programming, prototyping and scripting skills (Oracle, SQL, Hive, Pig, SAS, R, Weka, Python)
· Writing, communication and presentation skills
· A strong track record of innovating through machine learning and statistical algorithms and their applications
· Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools
· Strong skills and experience with programming in SQL, Hive, Pig, R, SAS macros and familiarity/experience with AWS
· 6-10 years industry experience