We are seeking a highly motivated QAE (Quality Assurance Engineer) to join our team and support the Ring Alarm product, a connected, DIY home security system.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and skilled at System-Level testing for systems containing Z-Wave or Zigbee devices.
· You will focus on system-level testing, analysis, and reporting of the continued performance of the Ring Alarm System in the areas of network connectivity and cellular functionality.
· The qualification process includes the design of test strategies, test plans and the setup and configuration of long-running test environments.
· You will provide customer service agents with advanced technical triage and troubleshooting assistance.
· Troubleshoot and isolate potential bugs to help developers research the root cause of problems, and track defects through resolution.
· You will assist with the verification of potential issues for devices as a result of triage/diagnosis by customer service representatives.
· You will stay connected and follow up on support cases that have been escalated and with internal engineering teams who have outstanding actions.
· You will setup and monitor isolated test systems of varying sizes to support debugging and investigative efforts.
· You will collaborate with internal teams to help prioritize opportunities for product improvement.
· You will communicate frequently both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups.
· Investigate and troubleshoot technical issues and consult with development teams when necessary.
· Collect and analyze many different types of logs using tools such as Kibana, Tableau and Splunk.
· Deliver defect reports that include steps to reproduce, logs, clear description of actual results vs. expected, helpful title / summary.
· Provide detailed status reports for management
· Keep team members informed of challenges and escalate concerns promptly and appropriately with limited guidance from your manager or team members.
· Keep up to date knowledge of Ring Alarm features and details of connected device operation.
· 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor's Degree
· 1+ years of experience working with DIY or other types of home security or home automation products (especially systems that include devices based on Z-Wave, ZigBee, or other IoT RF Protocols)
· BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· Experience working with alarm systems
· Familiarity with Z-Wave, ZigBee, or other IoT RF Protocols
· Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, TestNG, TestRail
· Experience working with data analysis tools such as Kibana, Tableau, Splunk, or equivalent
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.