Would you like to help our customers innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services as a means to help drive innovation? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products? Have you been a part of an early-stage organization and taken products from ideas on paper with no resources to in market products with bar raising teams behind them?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring a Digital Transformation Leader with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of innovation, product, and transformative projects, enabling them to be more agile, experimental, and customer-centric. As a member of this team, you will help form and execute within strategic customer segment. You think strategically and analytically about our customer's business and technical challenges and form innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership and entrepreneurship, hire and lead great people and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust, think big, and work cross-organizationally to deliver results.
The right candidate will have experience leading large-scale digital transformation programs, building and leading teams, while still able to design and execute lean experiments to build customer confidence in doing things in new ways. This includes a proven track record of developing enterprise-wide innovation programs, product management leadership, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions with a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
· Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships within customer organization
· Influence and guide senior customer executives on digital transformation, innovation, and cloud practices
· Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships
· Sell consulting engagements - proving the value of AWS services to support new distributed computing models.
· Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services.
· Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
· Lead great people - attract top talent to build high performing teams of innovation consultants, and outstanding customer relationship skills
· Represent AWS best-practices around innovation, product management, software engineering, data and analytics, and other platform capabilities to work
· Help develop and improve our execution model based on engagement experience
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· 10+ years of product/information design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications
· 10+ years Experience leading digital transformation in large, complex organizations
· Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure
· Domain expertise in one of the industries such as Financial Services, Media & Entertainment and High Tech.
· Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· Computer Science or Engineering background
· Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
· Experience with architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
· Experience with designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
· Experience with architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, automated deployment and configuration management
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
· Experience with presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc
· Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
· Experience with blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design
· Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.