The Selling Partner Communities and Empowerment (SPCE) organization builds lasting connections with, and helps drive the success of our Selling Partners. We achieve this by: (1) Providing effective channels for multi-directional engagement with Amazon, (2) Fostering an active and helpful community and information exchange among Selling Partners; (3) Amplifying awareness for and investing in the economic empowerment of small businesses and underserved business populations; (4) Understanding Selling Partners’ perceptions of, and being internal advocates to improve, their experience selling on Amazon; (5) Ensuring that public perception mirrors the reality that Amazon’s stores are a great place for Selling Partners to build and maintain a thriving business; and (6) Accelerating and strengthening third-party advocacy and partnerships that benefit Selling Partners.
We are looking for a self-driven, experienced and passionate Data Science and Analytics leader to join this new and growing team. The successful candidate will work closely with business and tech stakeholders to design and build reporting and analytics, including statistical and machine learning models, to answer complex business questions that provide insights to influence customer behavior. The ideal candidate is able to not just hold their team to a high standard of data quality and excellence in the work delivered but also to surprise and delight stakeholders and take the business to the next level by uncovering insights and proposed actions through analytics.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
· Strong leadership and vision for how to drive the team to create changes in business partnerships, analytics, and metrics/reporting
· End to end ownership of the data and analytics workstream, including gathering inputs from leadership and partner teams, roadmap planning and prioritization and promoting best practices
· Influence senior leadership and other data & analytics teams.
· Build, lead and develop a team of BIEs, DEs, BAs and Data Scientists, showing the ability to hire, mentor and develop a high-performing team.
· Drive deep understanding of Selling Partner engagement, sentiment and perception on and off Amazon, develop segmentations, and help invent ways to measure engagement and tie actions to improvements in perception, and improvements in perception to downstream business impact by identifying, developing, and executing analyses, machine learning capabilities and models.
· Navigate ambiguity; identify and tackle strategic opportunities and problems we don’t even know exist or have not fully defined through data.
· Develop a long term analytical strategy and self-service reporting capabilities and drive the implementation and adoption of that strategy.
· MS + 8 yrs experience or BS + 11 yrs experience
· 4+ years of experience leading and/or directing a data and analytics team.
· Experience with enterprise class data warehousing from disparate source systems using industry standard data warehouse solutions (e.g. Redshift, Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop-based systems)
· Experience with relevant technologies/tools/processes such as ETL, BI Applications, Big Data, Web Analytics, CRM systems.
· Experience using SQL, ETL, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Proficient in code-based analysis/modeling using Python, R, or domain specific software.
· Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services
· Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau or Quicksight.
· Experience in machine learning (decision trees, multivariate and logistic regression, kNN, kMeans, etc.).
· Proven ability to translate business problems effectively into analytical specifications and requirements
· Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action and business insights.
· Demonstrated ability to earn trust of senior leadership and business stakeholders through collaboration and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to operate autonomously, roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Ability to navigate ambiguity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.