Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
· Major Responsibilities
· Apply data science and machine learning (ML) technology to evaluate and improve Alexa ASR
· Train and evaluate neural models using Amazon's proprietary ASR technology
· Analyze the accuracy and performance of ASR models
· Assist in deploying, maintaining, and supporting Alexa’s ASR systems in production
· Design and implement software to collect, simulate, analyze and prepare data sets for developing and analyzing Alexa ASR systems
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Master’s degree of PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
· Experience with speech recognition, machine learning, or natural language processing
· Ability to develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately determine cause-and-effect relationships.
· Publications or presentations in recognized ML journals or conferences
· Deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organization
· Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Fluency in Spanish
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.