The Last Mile Global Fleet and Products (GFP) team’s mission is to provide the vehicles and services that enable Amazon to delight customers through our Last Mile operations. Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class delivery experiences through the introduction of pioneering new products. GFP is on track to purchase and deploy 100,000 electric vehicles (EVs) by 2030 as part of Amazon’s Climate Pledge.
Are you inspired by...
· The rapid growth and expansion of electric vehicles into the market?
· Being part of a effort to drastically reduce carbon emissions?
· Working on tough problems at a scale and pace never done before?
Then come join our team and help us make history!
As a Sr. Research Scientist on the GFP Energy Systems team, you’ll apply your knowledge of electric vehicles (EVs) and couple that with a background in modeling, data science, and software development to help us predict how our EVs will perform in the field. You’ll develop a deep understanding of how our EVs use energy while in use, and provide guidance and recommendations to our deployment and business teams to help ensure our fleet is successful as we scale. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires working closely with software teams, research teams, operations teams, and product management teams to help deploy our EVs into an electrified Last Mile network.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS/MS in Engineering, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
· 5+ years experience developing and deploying simulation tools to solve business challenges
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Strong development skills in Python, Java, MATLAB, or other high level software language(s)
· PhD in Engineering, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
· 7+ years experience developing and deploying simulation tools to solve business challenges
· Experience in electric vehicle design, vehicle level simulation, or battery system development
· Experience in applying ML approaches and statistical techniques to physics problems
· Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring techno-economic tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions.
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar)